Okay... I've started (July 3rd - 2019)
The vertical belt around a landing pod
Every cut has to be angled
More angled pieces
I REALLY could have used some more hands here...
The top of the pod is closing up
Top + middle belt of the pod
Angles
Down to the bottom of the case
Corner pieces...
...for the bottom finish
Like that... one basic pod done... three more to go
Thickness added for the landing foot
Even though it's hollow below, it looks as it should
Balance
Now to the top of the foot
I do not have access to a cnc machine...
...so everything is done by hand
Strange patterns... cut with jigsaw
to fit this strange thing
Fits (almost) like a glove
Bottom view
Mounted on top of the foot...
...it begins to look recognizable
Now hovering instead of balance
On to the next three feet
Half done with the underside, and the lights went out
All four feet now soled
Looks better from above
88 'toes' measuered, cut and placed loosely
88 toes x 4 = 352 rounded corners... phew
Parts for the three remaining pods
Just like that... a bit refined construction
The top finished
Cut aways for the lower part sides
Fitted
Now the lower finishing parts... more feet
...with supporting sides
...done
All corner pieces and side panels now glued together
Details cut for the vertical sides. Placed with template
MAX pressure for max glue effect
Three on line
More pressure delivered by Max
Start of decoration. The pod details. One side...
...the other two sides. Top sides next...
Trapez
Trapez x 16
I did not have wood that thick...
...so glue and screw...
...made nice blocks
Nose...!?!
4 noses
Details cut with jigsaw for the top part.
Glued on... left wing...
...and right wing
Now to these little fellas... the Gemini parts
I had six half spheres hand made (not by myself)
Maybe slightly too big, but I think it is okay.
Daniel Prud'Homme helped me with the details
Good old technical drawing
Calculating and measuring...
Template... made... for the 12 holes for the bolts.
One more template for the off-center placement.
The six half spheres got marked...
...and on with the band grinder.
6 discs measured and cut.
One ready to mount.
...and 5 more
72 holes drilled and 72 bolts mounted
Large center hole drilled.
Not the correct tube yet... but we're getting there.
Stainless steel tube for the centre
Inserted
Now for the Saturn V part
It took some thinking... to think the design out
Small cylinders cut from a stick
for another nose
Noses with holes
Rough wings
A model was created
gonna watch my fingertips
All survived
Then a little grinding with the grinding mouse
16 small wings
Now make some place for them
Handmade... takes time
But the time goes by - as time does
These holes wasn't as easy as I thought
Because the bolts had square shape beneath the head
And the thread wasn't cut all the way up either
But finally...!
Looks as it should - I think
A status parade
All cracks, screwholes and sides...
...padded up (one pod only... for now)

TO BE CONTINUED . . .